Monday, May 23, 2011

Lip Smacking

In desperate need of a diversion from all things cake, we change the channel to FASHION.  Or more precisely, makeup.  I love putting on makeup in the morning.  Maybe if I didn't like it so much, I wouldn't always be late for work.  ANYWAYS, Mr. Scott calls it my female tribal ritual, explaining that I'm only answering a subconscious instinct to paint my face.  Neat!

Mr. Scott may not be a fan of my new urge to paint my lips, however.  No worries, he can kiss my cheeks for a night :)  About a year ago I tried red lipstick for the first time and found it to be totally empowering.  Skipping the subtle bus has its rewards!  Now I'm ready to try some new shades, and I think summer is the perfect time to debut a bright lip paired with clean eye makeup.  I loathe the embarrassment of lipstick on your teeth, so my strategy is a lipstain that can be freshened with gloss.


Shopping List:

A poppy orange-red, a la Karla of Karla's Closet


Electric pink, on Ms. Bosworth, via Instyle.com


Coral is sweet and sassy on Rachel McAdams, via Glamour.com

The girl on a budget, I can't wait to try Maybelline's ColorSensational Lip Stain, which has received great reviews online and rings in under $10 a pop.  
Via Maybelline.com

I would love to hear your favorite colors and brands in the comments!
Lippy love,
Rachel

2 comments:

Mal J said...

I haven't tried any fun colors yet! I think it goes back to an insecurity of having what I believed to be large, frog-like lips that I did not want to draw attention to. I'm going to give it a go, though! I love Kate Bosworth's shade.

ChefRachel said...

Frog lips, are you crazy?!