Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Is this a blog about cakes?

One of my loyal readers "complained" that I haven't been posting enough cakes on here.  So, T**, this is for you :)

Just to give you an idea of how hard I have been working lately, I've upped my output to about 20-25 custom cakes in a 12 hour shift (Saturdays). On those days I could go through upwards of 10 gallons of buttercream.  We are trying to hire another decorator to help with the ever-growing weekend load.  Last week in total we did just shy of 160 custom orders.  Even with the growing demand, I still LOVE what I'm doing, adore my coworkers and boss, and feel completely spoiled.

Fondant ladybug
Reuben for Mr. Scott's birthday!
Lab coat I've done three times now
Isn't the tutu the cutest?
High heel "Teeny" cakes
Old school Mario
These buttercream elephants were a challenge!
Hello Kitty + Gumballs = Sweet
Ruby is a popular name I guess....pink chef hat!
Not many wedding cakes yet, but those are starting to pick up as well as the season progresses.  I will be taking more of those on once the new person is hired.  

Until next time!

Cake and cats,
Rachel


Pin It

2 comments:

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Beautiful cakes! More help is good, give your wrist a rest,

Mom said...

Love 'em all, Honey!