Monday, May 23, 2011

Cakes cakes cakes

Instead of highlighting my favorite cakes of the week, I wanted y'all to see more of what kind of orders I have been receiving, and the quantities are definitely increasing.  I don't take pictures of everything I do, either because I'm busy or just forget, but I'm trying to get better at that.  Sometimes I don't take a picture because I feel like I didn't live up to my expectations for a project and I really need to CUT THAT OUT.  We can learn from our mistakes/weaknesses and use those to improve, and I'm just way too critical of myself sometimes.  I went from working at a bakery that has a very distinct style and vision to one where they were completely open to anything.  As great as that may sound - creative freedom - I'm still figuring out my own style.  Imagine being given a house, and being told you can decorate it however you want!  But make sure other people will like the house and want to buy it from you!  *Sigh*.....

These are some cakes from the past two weeks.

U of M grad

Mini, last-minute wedding cake
Liv really likes pink spaceships and aliens.
Close up of a sheetcake for newborn twins' babyshower.
Das froot tart.
First communion cake.  Pink is a popular request.
Groom's cake for a surfer dude.
Pretty princesses.
Cake donated to a local community organization.
Golf ball two tier.  I had to pipe each blade of grass individually - took me a whole hour!






Garden party 1st B-day



No comments: