Monday, March 21, 2011

An August Wedding

I had another bride email me over the weekend that they would like me to do their cake.  That's a record three bookings in one weekend!  The wedding is in August at the St. Paul Hotel, and she has selected a gorgeous cake design accented by an abundance of fresh flowers.  The pictures below are similar to what she showed me, but we will be doing a dot pattern on the cakes instead.  Her flowers are shades of white, champagne, and pale pink.  To die for!

Via weddingcakecreations.com.  
Too bad the turquoise sequined swags make this look like a high school prom.





 Via weddingfashioing.com
I like this one better because you can't see the pillars at all.

Inside, the cake flavors will be carrot, red velvet, white cake with fresh strawberries and custard, and chocolate cake with ganache and chocolate buttercream layers.  They liked the samples at the tasting so much, they had to have them all.

Rachel

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Rachel. I am so glad I have found this cake, a company has stolen it and put it on their website.
http://www.thelushcakecompany.co.uk/Welcome.html
My sister-in-law actually ordered the cake for her wedding, it became apparent on the wedding day that they'd never made this cake as what they delivered was an absolute shambles. I hope you can sort this out as it is such a stunning cake you have created and you alone deserve the credit!

Thanks

Amy Stabler

ChefRachel said...

Amy,
I didn't actually make that particular cake. I used the photo (and sourced the website) to give an example of a cake that was ordered from me, but I cannot take credit for the cake in the photo. I'm sorry for your sister-in-law's unfortunate experience! As a professional, I would suggest explaining your discontent with the bakery. It is frustrating to me, as well, when businesses use photos as part of their "portfolio" that they haven't executed themselves.

Sincerely,
Rachel