Sunday, March 20, 2011

My Want-List for Spring

I love pretending I have gobs of money to spend on my wardrobe.  For fashion inspiration, my favorite blogs are The Glamourai (who's writer, Kelly Framel, inspired my current haircut), The Man Repeller, Karla's Closet, and All the Pretty Birds.  Here are some of the pieces I'm lusting over for spring.

My current muse is Clemence Poesy:

 Clemence Poesy, via jammings.co.uk

So I'm obsessed with the French, sue me.  Clemence has been in Harry Potter movies and on Gossip Girl, neither of which I watch.  Here, she combines feminine with an edge and I love love love the mustard chiffon mixed with black.  Pleats are big right now, they have great movement.  I would wear this outfit to work at the salon in a heartbeat.  Love the bag, too.

Via imageshack.us

Effortless girly-chic.  The skirt is super flattering and the perfect length to elongate my stubs without being too short.   I adore the rosey shade of the top, and button ups are both comfortable and flattering in a gauzy fabric.  In a perfect world, I would find the top at Goodwill and sew the skirt myself.  I own a caramel colored purse (the one with the ruffles, from Mallory Joe) that would match expertly. 

 Source unknown

Very similar to the outfit above, anything with bows is a winner in my book.  I own more skirts and dresses than pants.

Via musicandtastythreads.blogspot.com

Colored skinny jeans?  Sign me up.  This burgundy shade can go with so many other colors, its almost a neutral. 

Via stylecaster.com

I've been searching for an all-occasion fitted blazer that is sized right for my petite frame.  Either the sleeves are too long or the shoulders are too big.  The search continues.


Via gossiprocks.com

I don't know what this is from, but that is the biggest croquembouche I have ever seen.
Happy spring!
Love, 
Rachel

No comments: