Friday, July 12, 2013

Will Work For Food

*sigh*  Feeling a little defeated today.

Yesterday marked 4 weeks since my hip replacement.  Scott and I went another mile walk, which felt even easier than the first (this seems to be a trend).  I'm getting pretty good at maintaining a "normal" gait.  After these walks I usually experience the most muscle soreness in my bum, which is a really odd place to stretch, especially in my situation.  Certain, pardon the term, "booty tooching" poses are still difficult/awkward.  I've discovered I can now sleep on my surgical side for small amounts of time, which is great.  I miss my side sleeping.  The best news is I am almost completely off ibuprofen.  After taking it multiple times daily for the past year, this is a huge milestone.  I can handle sore muscles from walking.  I am no longer in pain.

Great!  Yay!  This is all good, right?  Well I am completely stressed about finding a job.  I have visited nearly every respectable bakery from Olympia to Tacoma.  No bites.  Panic is setting in. 

"Is something wrong with my resume?  Does my cover letter sound stupid?  Should I have talked to that counter girl more?"

I know my credentials are great, my personality and ethic is there, I shouldn't doubt myself.  The truth is, no one is hiring. At least no one other than Safeway (no offense, Safeway).  Craig's List is downright depressing.  Plenty of ads for bikini baristas and nurses.  No luck for an imp who's a afraid of needles.

I'm looking for a Plan B, kids.  I HAVE to start working by the end of the month.  For my sanity's sake.  Got any bright ideas?  I'd love to hear them :)

xoxo,
Rachel

4 comments:

BriAnna's Baking Blog said...

I am so happy to hear the progress is going well! Job hunting is sooo stressful, but I just got a feeling something will come your way soon lady. miss you!!

Kate Wille said...

It'll happen for you Rachel, just give it time! <3

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

As Katy says, it will happen for you! You are smart and accomplished and a hard worker. Plus top notch in creativity and execution! Keep your positive energy out there and continue getting better. Network, too. I've found my best jobs thru people connections.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the words of encouragement!