Thursday, March 3, 2011

Musings on Ashley's Wedding Cake

My dear, darling, tall-glass-of-water friend, Ashley, is getting married this summer! She lives in our home state of Oregon, so I will be traveling home (I'm in Minnesota now) to be a bridesmaid in the wedding and make her cakes. I say CAKES, plural, cuz girl is having 250+ guests. That's how special she is :) So I'm designing a grouping of three cakes, a 4-tier, 3-tier, and 2-tier, in multiple flavors.

I put together some inspiration using magazine cutouts in my little sketch book. Her colors are pale yellow, pale pink, and gray. Shabby chic, but the gray keeps it from getting too saccharine. Her flowers are peonies, a personal fave also, for their full and ruffly blooms and delicate coloring.





Oh, I forgot to mention I'm also making 600 lemon French macarons for her favors! Overall, this is going to be a big challenge for me, but I'm excited to be doing it for someone I LOVE. I put my soul into every wedding cake I do, but rarely do they go to people I actually know personally. It means a lot to be part of their special day and I want everything to be perfect for her!

Love and cakes,
Rachel

No comments: