Monday, March 14, 2011

Wee Wille


This is me at my third birthday.  A few months ago, I turned 25, and I'm realizing my personal style hasn't changed too much:

I love curling my hair.
I love getting dressed up (I'm wearing a slip in the picture.)
I stand on chairs to reach stuff.
I have midget hands.
I think cakes are awesome.

From the looks of it, I think this cake was supposed to be a bunny, but if it was a cat, I would like it more.  It was made by my paternal grandmother, Dorothy Wille.  Also an avid baker, home cook, and cafeteria lunch lady, it isn't hard to trace my love of food back to Grandma Wille.  I would call her a master of comfort foods, from potato rolls to Swiss steak and every kind of pie.  Hopefully she didn't think my mom and dad were nuts for letting me wear a negligee to my 3rd birthday.

I like looking back on old photos, because they show you not only how far you have come, but how quickly life passes by.  Worry less, play more.

Love,
Rachel

1 comment:

Kate Wille said...

Agreed. Gotta love the midget hands! :)