Monday, April 18, 2011

If the shoe fits...

{In my next life, I'm going to open a store for petite women of style.  It will have a cheesy name along the lines of "Short and Busty," and we'll sell small sizes with ample boob room and shoes for little feet like mine.}

I have searched high and low for shoes for Ashley's wedding.  First, they had to be a light shade of pink to go with our grey dresses.  Sounds easy enough, right?  Well, not when I'm both frugal, picky, and wear an odd size, 5 1/2.  I wanted shoes that were dressy enough for the wedding, but also that I could dress down and wear again without having to wait for another fancy event.  Also, the ceremony is outside.  I was hoping for a wedge heel or something less spiky to avoid the whole lawn-aerating effect, if you follow my drift.  Speaking of aeration, my feet tend to get hot, so a peep toe or something that breathes is nice.  Enter "Step in the Name of Love" from ModCloth.com...
Note to self: Grey tights!
I kept looking after I found these because I thought $90 was a lot for shoes, but that's because I'm used to spending about $20 at Target (my leopard print ones are ridiculously cool and cost $25).  After scouring the usual internet sites, malls, and even Etsy for vintage, these were the clear winner.  I love the mid-height heal (easy to walk in for long periods of time), made in my size, the perfect shade of pale pink, and bonus rose gold insoles!  A splurge made possible by my tax returns :)

Here are the honorable mentions, who didn't make the cut for one reason or another.

Alice by Nine West, Via Zappos.com
Mezzo by Enzo Angiolini, Via Piperlime.com



Hilari by Fioni, Via Payless.com

Tiffany by Kelsi Dagger, Via Sears.com
What do you think - did I make the right choice?


Love,
Rachel

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I own the Fioni ones but feel in love with the Kelsi Dagger ones...hopefully they fit my big size 10 feet!

Kate Wille said...

I love them! Good choice, cute all around.

Anonymous said...

Definitely the right choice! They look awesome with those gray tights on the model, plus they fit your personality way more than the others :)