Thursday, August 11, 2011

Le Petit Boulangere


My mom dug these up recently doing some summer cleaning.  It's so funny to look at these and think, Wow!  Who would of thunk I'd be doing this for a living when I grew up?  I didn't consider baking as a career until I was about a junior in high school.  I've come a long way...but there is so much more yet to accomplish.

Top left:  My favorite of them all.  The badass multitasker, chatting into a spoon rest and cooking the goods at the same time.  Around age 3-4.

Top right:  All I want for Christmas is Barbies and a mixer with interchangeable batters!!!  Wearing a slip as a dress again...

Center:  Age 4-5.  Not sure what I'm kneading.  Home perm credits: Aunt Nancy.

Bottom:  Another perm.  Age 6 or 7?  It's my birthday and that's my first and last Easy Bake Oven.   My birthday is the day after Christmas, and I specifically remember the Easy Bake being at the top of my wish list.  Christmas day passed, no oven.  They made me wait until my birthday!  We still have it in storage - might have to go on display in my bakery someday.


Thank you to all of my loyal readers; your support and enthusiasm touches me on a daily basis!   

-Rachel

1 comment:

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Too too cute. When I saw the shot with the mini chocolate cake I said to myself, "Easy Bake Oven!"