Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Shimmer and Swirl

When bride Abbi came in for her tasting appointment, she brought a photo of her wedding gown (a Grecian-inspired column dress) and a very unique necklace she would be wearing with it.  Looking through my portfolio of cakes, her tastes were simple and classic - timeless piping in all white, accented with fresh flowers.  To enhance the somewhat generic design and make it unique to Abbi's wedding, I created small, shimmering fondant flowers similar to those from her necklace, and scattered them throughout the swirling pattern.

 
 So happy my camera picked up on the shimmer.  I used my new favorite Luster Dust, "Antique Silk".
Courtesy of Howard Berg Photography, flowers provided by CamRose Hill Farms

Courtesy of Howard Berg Photography
 Even though this may not be a huge, elaborate cake, I'm very pleased that I could make it one of a kind for the bride and groom.  No matter if a client spends $200 or $2,000, each is equally important and special to me.  Abbi and Paul were married in an outdoor park ceremony, and enjoyed their reception at the Waterstreet Inn, downtown Stillwater. 

Thank you to Howard Berg Photography for sharing the cake photos!

More cake photos and shots from my weekend on Lake Superior coming soon!

Love,
Rachel

No comments: