Monday, August 29, 2011

Poppies!

Contrary to popular belief, red and black CAN work for a summer wedding.  The key is keeping the look clean and fresh, which was exactly what bride Evegenia had in mind when she came to me with her ideas for a cake adorned with red poppies.  We met only a week before the wedding (!), but her enthusiasm and energy made it a breeze.  I ordered the gum paste flowers from Deco Pac, but I would love to be able to make them myself someday!  So pretty! 

This small three-tiered cake serves about 60 people.  The icing is Fresh Field's signature Italian buttercream, adorned with black fondant bands I imprinted with a small pizza-cutter-like tool and piped on random pearls.  Inside, white cake with strawberry mousse (made from scratch by French chef Nick) and chocolate cake with ganache filling.





Via http://blog.carissachristine.com/


You can view more photos of this wedding at photographer Carrissa's blog here.  Evegenia's personality totally shows on film!  I love her dress and shoes, one more example of the new wedding rules: Anything goes! 

xoxo,
Rachel

No comments: