Monday, September 19, 2011

Full Tilt Wedding Season

The weekend I left for Korea, we had three weddings, and this week ended four.  It takes a lot of focus and organization, but Nick and I are MACHINES.  I wait with great anticipation to receive professional shots from wedding photographers (processing can take up to 8 weeks) before posting them here, but sometimes I just can't wait!  Here's a mix of smaller wedding cakes from the past month or so.


Check out those sharp edges...Hazzah...

Lauren and Nick at the Prom Center, Woodbury.  Can we get a better look at her dress?
Holy field of dreams - it's fabulousPhotos courtesy of Happily Ever After Photography   

The Historic Stillwater Courthouse is one of my favorite reception venues, and was also the side of Jess and Paul's jade-themed wedding {photo taken from a previous wedding}.

Working with my photo reference from The Knot magazine.

How cute is this topper?  Jess actually made and painted it herself!  The little dress has glitter on the bust and bottom trim.  So fun and unique!

Photos courtesy of Me and my Samsung Focus.


I've worked with several brides this year who had the challenge of planning a wedding while their fiance is deployed.  Tara and Josh were one such couple.  The stresses of wedding planning may be amplified without the assistance of your other half, however, the payoff:  Marrying a man in sharp formal dress makes him look even more like a prince.

Photo courtesy of Marah Cole Designs
Definitely seeing a return in classic designs like this.  Clean lines, small details, adorned with luscious fresh flowers.  The florals and styling were provided by Marah Cole Designs, a Minnesota Brides Magazine nominee for Best Florist.


This final little gem seems just in time for fall.  The foliage is meant to mimic grapevines and leaves used in bride Johanna's bouquet.  Unfortunately, I was in a rush this day and didn't take a close up shot to show the imprinted veining I did on each leaf.  With just a touch of gold luster, they had more depth and detail than you see here.  Hopefully I can snag something from the photographer.



Love always,
Rachel

2 comments:

Mom said...

Love 'em all, Rach. Especially one with cascading roses. Pretty!

Mallory Joe said...

I love the Jade cake..so chic! It would look great in Black and White too. I think my second favorite is the one covered in roses, the colors are so beautiful!