Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fall for Love

Presenting two ridiculously beautiful fall wedding cake displays.  Both took place at the enchanting Camrose Hill Farm in Stillwater.  Camrose not only provides a lovely setting, they grow many of the flowers too!

I've lost track of how many times I've done this design, yet I never seem to tire of the soft, draping lines and simple sophistication it offers.  It lends a great background for fresh flowers, as you will see here.  We also brought in another element of nature: little fondant acorns.  Love.




Thank you to Jessica of JM Photography for sending me these pictures right away.  This wedding just happened on Saturday!  Jessica also takes "awww"-inducing photos of newborns like you've never seen!

Next up, possibly one of my favorite dessert displays of the year, if not EVER.  Another wedding heavy with natural elements.  I love the cake: White on white, delicate leaves, asymmetry, blingin' BOWS.  This two-tier packs a punch.  And don't the cupcakes kind of look like toadstools? 




I snapped these of the rest of the tent...





 ...but for the full effect, visit photographer Brandon Werth's blog.  So many details - I can't even begin!

I also did a groom's cake for Meghan and Tim.  Tim is from California, and had his first experience ice fishing in Minnesota last year.  Meghan wanted to recreate this memory (complete with a story about him being fearful of peeing outside...notice the "yellow snow" behind him) and include their beloved Boston Terrier Mr. Figgins, in an Angel's sweater (it had a halo-ed "A" on the back).



Here's to falling in love,
Rachel

2 comments:

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Love these cakes. LOVE THEM. The brooches on the bows are the perfect touch. You are a cake diva genius. On another note, I want those lighted branches throughout my whole house.

Kate Wille said...

I LOVE the boston terrier cake. and the fall flowers/leaves are gorgeous. You are amazing, that is all.