Sunday, April 3, 2011

Ashley's Wedding Cake #2


Have I mentioned lately how EXCITED I am for Miss Ashley's wedding?!?!?   She recently turned me on to Elizabeth Ann Designs and I found the exact inspiration I needed to finish the designs of her final two wedding cakes.  The photo above is reminiscent of our vision for the wedding, although this is on a smaller scale.  I would estimate the above as shown would serve up to 100 guests.  Ashley is inviting the entire west coast.  




I knew this was Cake #2 instantly.  Ashley had shown me a couple other designs similar to this, but the proportions really got me here.  The colors are spot on, too.  However, I'll be making some adjustments.  First, the icing will be the palest pink, with grey ribbons.  It is really important to me that the cakes, like those in the first picture, mesh together and stand as a whole.  I was looking for them to all have a common threat beyond the fresh peonies and colors, and that has become the pearl buttons.  Remember the buttons coming down the front of the cake resembling her dress?  Those are going to pop up on all of the cakes, but in different ways: Alternating sides on the three tier, and around the bases of the two tier - a la a pearl necklace, which I think Ashley is wearing the day of.  I'm extremely happy with the final result!

What about cake #3, you ask?  Those squiggles are a flowery lace design.  I'll have more about her later.  Patience!

Lastly, a little visual on the French Macaron favors we will be creating (but in lemon/yellow).  These and the wedding cake in the photo were created by Two Fat Cats Bakery in Maine.  I love that name cuz I love me some cake and cats.

 All photos (other than my shoddy sketch) are via http://www.elizabethannedesigns.com/blog/

I can't wait until these photos are of the real deal! 

Love,
Rach

No comments: