Monday, June 27, 2011

Long time no see...

Hello readers,
Yes, I've been absent here for a little bit.  Life got crazy!  There was preparations for Ashley's wedding, getting things squared away at the bakery before I left, then leaving and the chaos of bridesmaid's duties/cake making/and one of the most beautiful and emotional weddings I have ever been a part of.  If you will forgive my lack of posts, I will repay you with plenty of new ones!

Admittedly, I have been holding off on posting pictures of Ashley's wedding until her photographer releases hers.  I want you to get the full effect of that day and not taint your visuals with my cell phone shots.  For teasers of what you are in for, visit www.amandakphotoart.com.  I was in awe of photographer Amanda's energy - she's just a little thing, running around setting up shots, directing people, capturing details.  From mid morning until the sun went down, I only saw her take a break once! 
Ashley and Chris, Mt. Roxy Ann, Medford, OR, Via amandakphotoart.com



In other news:

- It's almost July, which means the new Minnesota Brides magazine with my cake in it is coming soon!

- We have 32 weddings on the books this year so far, over halfway to my goal of 50!

- I've been blessed with the opportunity to visit my brother and his wife in Korea this September!

- Said brother and wife will be relocating to Belgium in November for three years!  Tour de Chocolat has a wonderful ring to it.  So does Belgian Baby Bump.  Oops, did I just say that?  HA!  Love you Richard and Kate :)

- Mr. Scott's family is coming to visit in August.  We will spend a weekend in northern Minnesota, which I have only heard good things about, on Lake Superior.  The following week is the State Fair, or "How Much Food on A Stick Can You Eat Week".  I need a map and a game plan.

- My dear, dear friend Mallory is engaged to be married next spring.  She has requested my cake making services, to which I ecstatically obliged.  Mallory and I have been best buddies since 7th grade, making her my oldest friend I still keep in touch with.  Together, we've endured bogus boyfriends, fashion faux pas, family drama, every shade of home haircolor, and all the bits in between.  What I value most in our friendship is her unconditional love, solid advice, and effortless sense of humor (we did a fair amount of goofing off last week).  Sometimes I think Mallory knows me better than I know myself, and she saw me as a pastry chef long before I would accept the title.  Crap, I'm getting weepy.  Mal, to say I'm happy for you just doesn't cut it.  I wish you and Nate all the love,  joy, and Red Lobster cheddar biscuits in the world.

Rach and Mal, 12 years later

Love,
Rachel

2 comments:

Mallory Joe said...

That made me cry.. I love you, Rach!

Cindy McMullen said...

Rach, I'm so proud of you...I want you to be the next Network Pastry Chef or write that book!!!
I got a bit emotional with all you said about your friendship with Mallory. You two were so fun to watch at the wedding, your friendship is a special one that will last your whole lives no matter where you live. Love you
Mallory's Mom , Cindy